OTIS Program Online Training
your staff and satisfy these Mandatory Requirements
Members of the Southern Regional ETTC
can use ETTC Hours if you register here!
Child Abuse and Neglect
Jersey Administrative Code 6A:16-10.2(a)6 requires all School
Boards of Education to provide annual in-service training to all
school personnel concerning child abuse.
This Program Works
- Once approved by the district, the SRI & ETTC will issue staff members a user name and password for each program selected.
- After the initial login, staff members will have 30 days to complete each program.
- Professional Development credit will be given to all who complete each program.
- Districts will receive notification when participants complete one of the programs as well as a document for the staff member’s personnel file.
- At the end of the school year, the district will receive a complete list of all the staff members who have completed the programs that school year.
- All Statutes, regulations and reporting guidelines can be copied from the online program for the staff member’s future use and referral.
The OTIS Child Abuse & Neglect Program
was created to instruct:
Teachers, school counselors, school nurses, special education professionals, administrators, volunteers, school staff members, coaches and other school and day care personnel exactly what their professional responsibilities are with regard to the laws dealing with the reporting of child abuse.
of the OTIS Program to your district:
- Low cost method to satisfy annual New
Jersey mandatory in-service requirement.
- Access at any time from any computer connected to the Internet, at any time of the school year.
- Immediate scheduling of new employee training
- A record of each staff member’s participation for their personnel file will be sent to the district . In addition, a record of all your district’s participants will be provided annually.
- Provides an alternative to in-service training “in person” at the beginning of each school year.
- Eliminates the need for substitutes and additional related costs of registration, travel and sending staff out of district.
- Professional Development Credits awarded for successful completion of the programs.